Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Umbrella

I dreamed
the other night. I forgot my umbrella,
you said you’d wait. I knew you would. You waited
while I ran down the long hallway that seem to grow longer.
I passed people, so many different people I passed, not really seeing. I almost fell
off a platform thinking it to be stairs. I complained to someone, he said, people should look more closely. I ran and got tired of running. It was a long way, longer than I thought at first.
                                                                                                                                        
                                                                                                                                    The umbrella
was in your office, in your home, tucked away beside  a gymnasium. Something
was going on, many people were there, different people, many people
I didn’t see. There were colours and interesting things,
and good looking men, but I was too busy
searching for the umbrella,
because I didn’t want
to get wet if
it rained.

No comments:

Post a Comment