Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Meditation on Dis-ease




I didn’t feel like writing last week as I had a nasty cough. Instead I meditated on the origins of dis-ease.


Tectonic plates—

slow shifts in time; a

languid dance of

perceived stillness. A quiet

waltz to death.



Molten rivers flow beneath these monoliths.

Blood of the earth, sluggish and inert,

their torpid rhythms far below.

An aeon of travelling so small a distance.



Today, however, the tempo changes:

pressure mounts and fissures crack open.


What sparks this momentum?



My chest burns, grows hot

with need. Expression kindles:

Why love? What use this

fallible, overwrought; less than perfect

love that sputters and spurts through the cracks:

see me; see me!



Not easy this love.



I don’t want to see it, don’t want to feel it.

Love hurts and betrays; it cannot be trusted. And it burns

like the virus that lies in my chest; hot coals of fire

a miasma of emotions forcing me to look, to experience.

To move bedrock.

To trust.

To love.



If you like this blog, please like my FaceBook page to get notices on your timeline when a new article is posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment