Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Earth




I walk on an interwoven fabric
of Rock and Root
Feather and Bone
and
                                                               
Blood.
My blood.






The cut on my finger bleeds; it bleeds a lot. I cannot
find a bandage and blood is everywhere. It drips
on my bare legs, my pack and on the ground
littered with Arbutus skin and leaves

Arbutus blood, my blood, co-mingling
with all that came before:
the worm, the bird,
the cougar, the
human.  Me.
The top

of the apex in this blood-letting land: hikers, hunters, loggers and soldiers: hewers of wood, drawers of water, consumers and usurers, the naïve and the cunning, eliminating, throwing away or killing what doesn’t belong in our pyramid of beliefs, a philosophy of conquest and winning.

Survival.
At all costs.

This classic conflicts of man versus nature and man versus man runs through me but the narrative has changed.

I bleed.
I bleed on Self.


If you like this blog, please "like" my FaceBook page and get notices on your timeline when a new article or poem is posted. You can also "follow me" by signing up on the right side of this page and get new posts automatically in your inbox.


No comments:

Post a Comment